Hi! I’m Ben, and I’m a Lecturer in Predictive Analytics at the University of Edinburgh. I’m a cosmologist by training and work primarily on machine learning and statistics, as well as their application.
Before moving back to Scotland, I was a McWilliams Fellow at Carnegie Mellon University in the United States, where I was also part of the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center and the National Science Foundation’s AI Planning Institute. Prior to my time in Pittsburgh and after spending some time working in the investment management sector, I completed my PhD in Astrophysics as a Principal’s Career Development Scholar at the Royal Observatory Edinburgh.
- MSBE Group
- Centre for Statistics
- Cosmostatistics Initiative
- Scottish Centre for Crime and Justice Research
- FinTech and Financial Services Research Cluster
- RAS: Royal Astronomical Society
- ORS: Operational Research Society
- ASA: American Statistical Association
- IAA: International Astrostatistics Association