Hi! I’m Ben, and I’m a Lecturer in Predictive Analytics (“computational soothsaying”) at the University of Edinburgh. I’m a cosmologist by training and work primarily on machine learning and statistics.
Before moving back to Scotland, I was a McWilliams Fellow at Carnegie Mellon University’s Department of Physics in the United States, where I was also part of the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center and the National Science Foundation’s AI Planning Institute. Prior to my time in Pittsburgh and after spending some time working in the investment management sector, I completed my PhD in Astrophysics as a Principal’s Career Development Scholar at the Royal Observatory Edinburgh.
- MSBE Group
- Centre for Statistics
- Cosmostatistics Initiative
- Edinburgh Centre for Financial Innovations
- Scottish Centre for Crime and Justice Research
- RAS: Royal Astronomical Society
- ORS: Operational Research Society
- ASA: American Statistical Association
- IAA: International Astrostatistics Association